Shaping Murrindindi’s Future
Shaping Murrindindi’s Future project brings an exciting opportunity for the community to turn ideas into opportunities that will benefit the district into the future and beyond.
The Department of Energy, Environment and Climate Action have partnered with RMIT University, and are supported by Murrindindi Shire Council to deliver the project ‘Shaping Murrindindi’s Future’ to find opportunities for these communities going through transition.
If you’re new to the concept of Smart Specialisation (S3), we’re excited to have you on board to help us expand and strengthen this way of working across community, industry, education and government.
The S3 approach will focus closely on the strengths and assets already existing in Alexandra, Marysville, Buxton and Taggerty
We need ‘you’ as part of the community to help identify and work through potential innovation and economic transformation ideas that will help bring further sustainability to the region.
Stage 1: Regional Context Analysis October 2023
- Desktop Analysis
- Community Interviews and analysis
- Innovation Opportunities identified and defined
- Click for link to Shaping Murrindindis Future Regional Context Analysis report
Stage 2: Entrepreneurial Discovery Process February 2024
- Entrepreneurial Discovery Process (EDP) workshops to assess the viability of the innovation opportunities identified
- Innovation Working Groups formed
- Project Leadership Group established
(Expression of Interest still open for Stage 2 workshops. If you would like to be involved in the next steps please get in touch)
Stage 3: Innovation Working Groups March 2024
- Innovation Working Groups test the resulting EDP propositions
- Technical and specialist advice sought
- Preparation and implementation of project scope
Stage 4: Local Development Strategy (LDS) Complete March 2025
- Ongoing governance arrangements established
- Potential sources of government and private investment
Shaping Murrindindi’s Future project is proudly supported by the Department of Energy, Environment and Climate Action, RMIT University and Murrindindi Shire Council.